Amazonite Mala Bracelet with Lotus 8mm
Truthfulness, Healing , Communication
Chakra: Heart & Throat
Composition: Microcline (Feldspar Group)
Colour: Turquoise Green - Blue
Oils/Herbs: Basil, Bergamot, Mint, Patchouli
Metaphysical & Healing Properties
Amazonite provides harmony and balance and encourages the individual soul's quest for truth and integrity.
It can help in the assertion of one's own thoughts and feelings and provides the strength to define clear boundaries both within and in relation to the external world, and yet it can also grant the user greater perspective, freeing them from judgement and allowing them to see both sides of an issue. This expanded awareness of opposites also aids in the balance of the male and female energies. It soothes the Chakras and helps the physical body align with the etheric whilst keeping the user grounded and protected.
Amazonite is particularly associated with the heart through which it facilitates the release of emotional traumas. It also calms the nervous system, alleviating anxiety and dispelling negative, fearful, energy. In the physical realm it's used to relieve issues associated with osteoporosis, tooth decay and calcium deficiency
Harmonizes/Combines with Pink Tourmaline, Rhodochrosite, Opal, Aventurine
History Used since the advent of the Mesopotamian cultures, it was also well known in India, Sudan and Egypt. It could be used for decorative facades and in Egypt, Amazonite was used for the tablets containing the funerary text for the Book of the Dead. When Tutankhamun's tomb was opened, an Amazonite scarab ring was found within.Worn as jewellery in pre-Columbian South and Central America and thought to have been used to decorate the shields of the Amazon women warriors of Homeric fame. They are said to have used it as a medicine for illness.
The Conquistadors prized this stone as it lent itself to being cut and fashioned into beautiful objects but, although it was first 'discovered' in the Amazon basin, it is not known if this was the true stone as no deposits have have been found there since.
Crystal properties are listed for information purposes only and are not intended to replace medical advice. Always consult a physician for proper medical treatment.
The Ohm symbol is a sacred syllable and symbol written in sanskrit, and is a mantra in Hinduism. Each visual element represents different states of consciousness:
- Unconscious State: The top curl of the ‘3’ shape denotes deep sleep, where we subconsciously desire nothing and do not dream
- Waking State: Represented by the large curve at the base of the ‘3’ shape, this state signifies conscious experience through the five senses
- Dreaming State: The middle curve that juts out between the Waking and Unconscious states, where all dreams are experienced
- Maya State: The semi circle at the top represents illusion, an obstacle to spiritual development and the highest state of consciousness
- Absolute State: Represented by the dot at the top, the highest realm of consciousness looks neither outward or inward - the ultimate state of spiritual bliss.